Call for ArtistsYPAC has two galleries that exhibit artwork and we have just opened up the applications! The objective of the YPAC Galleries is to provide free exhibition space and opportunities for artists to showcase their artwork, increase the awareness of local art within the Inland Empire, and create an engaging space for arts dialogue, education, and enrichment. There is a gallery application on our website – please apply if you are interested! For any questions contact Margo Mullen, YPAC Coordinator:firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibit at the
Orange Street Art Fair
Oil, Acrylic, Water Colors, Paintings, Sculptures, Crafts and Mixed Media
Tues-Wed December 17&18 2019
1125 Orange Street Parking Lot
Redlands, CA 92374
For more information:
Where: Court Street Square
Date: Saturday March 14, 2020
Time: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Fee: No Booth Fee
Contact: Stephanie Sanchez
RediscoverSB@sbcity.org • (909) 384-5357
www.sbcity.org/SBArtsFest • facebook.com/SBArtsFest
· Artists must be 18 years and older, unless with a School / Art Organization or supervised by a responsible adult.
· Artists must be a resident of San Bernardino or Riverside County.
· Artwork must be original and have been executed and owned by the artist whose name appears in the online entry registration.
· All artwork should embrace the spirit of SB Arts Fest as a community event. All applications will be reviewed by the SB Arts Fest Committee. The Community Development Director has sole discretion to approve/deny any artwork before it is displayed.
Important Things to Know:
· Artists may demonstrate techniques within their exhibit space (Example: Painting On-Site or Metal Working).
· No commercial goods for resale or consigned goods will be allowed.
· Artist spaces must be staffed at all times for the protection of the artists and their work. The City of San Bernardino, or affiliated partners, will not be responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen items, including but not limited to artworks and/or personal affects.
· Textiles, such as T-shirts and scarves, must be original work and cannot contain reference to SB Arts Fest.
· No items which are ingested or placed on the skin can be demonstrated, exhibited or sold. (Examples: Soaps and Lotions)
· If the artist plans to sell items, they must have a California State Sellers Permit (Free) and obtain a 1-day sales permit ($14.00) from City of San Bernardino Business Registration Office.
· All transactions will take place directly between the artists and the customer.
· The City of San Bernardino, its employees, affiliated partners and volunteers are not responsible for the contents, facilities, or individuals associated with SB Arts Fest.
· Artists may only promote their artwork within their designated exhibit space. Solicitation beyond the exhibit is discouraged.
· Food items will not be allowed for sale through artist booths, but food vendors will be available.
· ABSOLUTELY NO PYROTECHNICS SHALL BE USED AT THIS EVENT.
· The City of San Bernardino retains the right to reject any application that does not meet these guidelines.
Registration Form Information:
· Please complete the registration form by Friday, February 14, 2020
· Registration forms must be submitted online
· Artists will be sent event information the week of February 27, 2020
· Artwork / Photography – Please submit at least 2 sample jpeg images with your application
· Music Performances – Please submit a sound bite or a YouTube link
· Performing Arts – Please submit a YouTube link or a Sample Clip
· Art Organizations – Please submit a small sample of the types of art to be displayed
Link to apply here
We’re excited to help teachers, schools librarians, administrators and partners to bring this free, life-changing opportunity to our San Bernardino County High School students. Poetry Out Loud is a poetry recitation competition to that is easy to facilitate in the classrooms or through your school library. This program can be facilitated by individual teachers in language arts, ESL, theater and speech/forensics, as well as by librarians, school arts coordinators, and/or principals.
Poetry Out Loud is flexible and can easily be incorporated into a 2-3 week period.
Through funding support from the CA Arts Council, Arts Connection can send a local poet or Poetry Out Loud coordinator directly to your school to offer instruction as a guest artist or help with your school competition. We can walk you through it step by step.
There are so many benefits to participating
- Poetry Out Loud programming complements lessons already going on in the classrooms, such as creative writing and text analysis.
- Teachers receive free Poetry Out Loud tool kits geared to Common Core and National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) standards; Lessons also link to state and national arts standards in performing arts.
- Students develop public speaking skills (and can earn National Speech and Debate Association/National Forensic League points at most county and state events).
- Poetry Out Loud is accessible for students with differing abilities.
This is a state-funded program; there no cost to the students, teachers or school. We just want them to participate! If you can forward this directly to a teacher, librarian or arts coordinator who might be able to help coordinate this, that would be fantastic! Or, if you are the point of contact at the school, please set up a time below to go over more details on the phone if you’d like or register your school directly. The deadline to register schools to participate is December 20th, so don’t hesitate to reach out now and register this week!!
We run this program every year but have had a hard time getting students from this area to participate in previous years, and I would like to change that this year! Register your school here:https://forms.gle/1YD45pKrvZaeXTrD7 or Contact us today with questions about how to get one on one support!Jennifer Kane909 381 1900 email@example.com Natalie Graham firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very excited to announce that the Poetry Out Loud season is here, and we’re starting it off right with a kick-off bash at the Garcia Center for the Arts in San Bernardino on November 16, 2019 from 3-7pm. There will be poetry workshops, performance, food, and an open mic. All activities are free and open to anyone and all ages. We especially encourage high school students, parents and teachers to join us to learn more about this program in the schools and the resources available to support participating this year. For more information about the poetry out loud program, please visit: http://poetryoutloud.org/
KayJo Creatives is thrilled to partner with Arts Connection, National Endowment for the Arts, and California Arts Council to celebrate the kickoff of San Bernardino County’s Poetry Out Loud Program! Contact us to sign up for the rap/spoken word contest or open mic.
Do not let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. Mae Jemison
3:00-5:00 pm Writing through Words : Poetry Workshop : Learn strategies to write and revise when you don’t know where to start or feel like your writing is stuck. Use other writers as inspiration. All levels welcome! Workshop Facilitator, Natalie J. Graham.
5:00-5:30 pm No Beats, Just Bars : Rap/Spoken Word Contest : Poetry is rap. Rap is Poetry. Get on the mic for 30 seconds to win a cash prize! Sign up early, space is limited.
5:30-7:00 pm Open Mic, Poetry Readings, Recitations, and Performances by locally and nationally-renowned performers.
Contact email@example.com for more information or to sign up for the rap/spoken word contest or the open mic.
Poetry Out Loud is a national arts education program that encourages the study of great poetry by offering free educational materials and a dynamic recitation competition to high schools across the country. This program helps students master public speaking skills, build self-confidence, and learn about literary history and contemporary life. Poetry Out Loud is a partnership of the National Endowment for the Arts, Poetry Foundation, and the state and jurisdictional arts agencies. https://www.poetryoutloud.org