The San Bernardino Youth Grantmakers Fund was established in 2014 by The Community Foundation. High schools students ages 15-18, called Youth Grantmakers, address issues important to them by participating in grantmaking, a formal practice of philanthropy. The San Bernardino Youth Grantmakers survey their peers, conduct nonprofit site visits, review grant proposals, and make grant recommendations based on local youth needs.
Deadline: Feb. 22, 2016
In 2015, 8 grants were awarded to local nonprofits serving the needs of our youth in San Bernardino County:
- American Red Cross, Inland Empire Chapter
- Bing Wong Elementary School PTO
- Burn Institute-Inland Empire
- Foothill Family Shelter Inc.
- Neighborhood Housing Services of the Inland Empire, Inc.
- Operation New Hope
- Project Fighting Chance
- Young Visionaries Youth Leadership Academy