Arts Connection, the Arts Council for San Bernardino County is seeking a Part-time Executive Director. We are an independent nonprofit organization, designated by the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors to act as the state and local partner to California Arts Council. We are dedicated to serving artists, arts organizations, and our communities in collaboration with our city, state and county partners.
This salaried position involves managing this non-profit organization and growing the membership of the Arts Connection. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial thinking self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills and an understanding of organizational budgets and finances. Experience with non-profit organizations is highly desirable. Problem solving skills, successful grant writing, understanding of public relations strategies and the ability to work with diverse communities are essential. Applicants who are residents of San Bernardino County will be given preference.
A note from our current Executive Director, Danielle Giudici Wallis:
It has been an exciting three years since I began working with Arts Connection, and we have truly grown-- we have multiple projects, events, advocacy and consulting work going on! It is precisely because of this growth that we need to increase our staff. Rather than continuing in my role as Executive Director, I have decided to step down and return to a programming role—as my passion lies in working closely with communities. The board is launching a search for a new Executive Director to build on the foundation that we have created. While change is never easy, I am committed to supporting a smooth transition, and excited to see the great work of Arts Connection continue under new leadership. Apply today!
ARTS CONNECTION EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
This is an exempt part time position based upon 20 hours per week.
The Executive Director for Arts Connection serves at the pleasure of the organization’s Board of Directors. The Executive Director’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational sustainability while forwarding the mission and goals of the agency as established by the Board.
Specific duties include:
· Organizational Management and Administration: Responsible for timely and accurate filing of all applicable taxes, licenses, insurances, and documents essential to the proper fiscal and legal operation of the agency. Manages membership records and related member mailings. Coordinates, maintains and develops the artsconnection.org website.
· Strengthening the Financial and Community Position of the Agency: Develops partnerships appropriate to the agency’s mission which will provide financial or community visibility. Activities may include: public relations support, fiscal receivership, development of consortiums or focus groups to strengthen the arts community. More significance is given to activities which will provide longer term support for the agency.
· Grants and Grants Management: Seeks and submits relevant grant applications to increase organizational capacity, manages budgeted expenses and grants reporting. Adheres to grant guidelines and timelines. Additionally, seeks multi-agency grant opportunities by identifying and collaborating with partners appropriate to the mission of the agency.Advocacy: Strengthen the inclusion, expression, and support of arts through our region by scheduling and attending, with Board member, targeted meetings with specific government and major business representatives in line with established strategic goals.
· Develop the Organization: Collaborates with the Board to develop position descriptions for the addition of future human resources necessary to advance the organization within established goals and budget parameters.
· Events Management: Works with the Board to develop Annual Conference, cultural planning events and activities as necessitated for Grants, Advocacy, and other functions of the mission. Serves as manager of these events at the direction of the Board.
· Networking: Represents the organization at targeted local arts events based upon board direction and available hours.
· Supervise Staff: Manage assistants, volunteers and consulting staff.
*Candidates must be able to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Photoshop