Arts Connection is seeking a responsive, motivated creator to add their voice to our organization’s growing team as a Communications and Outreach Coordinator. As part of our marketing team, they will develop broad communication strategies across various and emerging media platforms, implementing and developing campaigns to inspire and engage artists and arts leadership across San Bernardino County. They will curate email marketing campaigns, manage social media accounts and messaging, keep the website up to date, and communicate with other network partners. They may also collaborate with other marketing and design professionals to produce marketing collateral for events and advocacy campaigns.
Arts Connection seeks someone that is deeply invested in the arts and culture community in the Inland Empire – San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. Preference will be given to applicants that live and work in the region.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain weekly communication and connections with network partners and artists in San Bernardino County.
- Develop communication strategies for multiple media platforms, including social media, event collateral, and partner communication.
- Keep website and all social media sites updated with current projects, programs and resources.
- Create email marketing strategies and assets, with clear timelines and goals; send out monthly e-newsletter and monthly program specific emails as assigned.
- Coordinate marketing collateral for key annual events, programming, and fundraising efforts
- As necessary, write press releases for major events, projects and grant announcements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a relevant field.
- Prior experience with marketing communications, especially social media and website management (wordpress experience required), mailchimp or similar email marketing services, understanding of SEO and other web analytics
- Prior experience in public relations, community marketing, or media relations (a strong plus)
- An active subscription and/or software to use the Creative Suite. Must be proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, Spark, and/or Illustrator.
- Event planning experience a plus
- Arts industry experience a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
This position is an annual contract based on an average of 12-15 hours/week.
Contract range is $15,000-$18,000 depending on experience.
To apply, please submit the following to Arts Connection’s Executive Director, Jennifer Kane at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Sample past projects and work, that includes both visual and written elements
- Current resume
For questions please call 909 381 1900
Arts Connection does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Arts Connection is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.