“To Sponsor, Promote and Sustain the Arts”
The San Bernardino Valley Concert Association or SBVCA, was established in the year 1932. Initially, the association’s purpose was to contract with music and dance groups which performed at the Sturges Center for the Fine Arts. In 2008, after a generous donation from the estate of Frank Plash that revived the association, the board adopted their current mission. A lease was signed in 2013 for the adobe building on 11th St. In 2015, it was named the Garcia Center for the Arts in honor of Ernest and Dorothy Garcia for their many contributions to the visual and performing arts. A home for creatives and art organizations the Garcia Center is a sturdy foundation for San Bernardino’s art renaissance.
The Center offers Adult, kids and family classes and workshops, The Fox Art Library and Inlandia Poetry Library, Events featuring art, music, literature, dance, theatre, speakers, film, gardening and more, Summer Programs and an Artist in Residency program.