Only 2-D artwork will be accepted; overall size no larger than 24" x 36"; ready for hanging. All artwork will be juried; maximum of four submissions per artist.
Artists have two options for participation:
• You may donate 100% of the sale of your submitted artwork; entry fee is waived.
• The sale of artwork would be split between artist and Art Center. A nonrefundable $25 donation for two submissions and $10 for each additional entry is required, and we're asking artists to donate 60% of the sale to our art programs and you will retain 40%.
Benefits for Artist Participants
We are offering artists the following in sincere appreciation for your participation:
• Exposure and opportunity for art sales at this month-long exhibition during a busy holiday season here at the art center, Fairplex. We hope you'll attend the Opening Reception on November 15, which will include refreshments and entertainment and an opportunity for you to mingle with prospective buyers.
• Exposure on the Millard Sheets Art Center website for two months with artwork images and link to your website; after which your name will be included on our list of artists who have supported Artists for Art's Sake.
• The option to talk about your artwork and creative process to students participating in our exhibition tour program
• Donations made in entry fees and artwork sales are 100% tax-deductible.
• Eligibility for future solo/group exhibitions in our rotating Artists for Art's Sake Gallery. This gallery is only available to artists who participate in this fundraising exhibition.
• We will add you to our e-mailing list to receive early notice of artist opportunities, exhibitions, events and programs.
Directions for Entry
1. To enter, complete the on-line entry process no later than October 17th, which requires:
• completed entry at https://lacmsg.fairmanager.com/
• image(s) of artwork, 300 dpi .jpg files titled with your last name, first initial and correlating number to match the number of your submissions. For example, SmithJ1.jpg
2. You will be notified by email of acceptance no later than October 26th.
3. Drop off your ready-to-hang artwork with a printed Packing List (option available on-line) on November 1 - 2, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the Art Center, 1101 W. McKinley Ave., Pomona CA, enter at Gate 1 security booth.
4. Artwork not sold must be picked up on December 29 - 30, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
For Additional Information