Opportunity for Arts Education Teachers!
YPAC is seeking arts education teachers on a contract basis to trail blaze our Arts Education Program! We are looking for educators that enjoy working with students of all ages, are passionate about the arts, and who have a history of teaching music, acting, writing, and performance.
Exhibition Services Coordinator for Sam Maloof exhibit
Ontario Museum of History & Art
● 225 Euclid Avenue ● Ontario, Ca 91762
Exhibit Dates: Thursday, January 23, 2020 to Sunday, March 19 2020.
Services on the project shall begin immediately and shall be completed by April 30, 2020.
Scope of Work:
1. In consultation with Museum Staff and assistant in the development of the exhibition’s concept/theme.
a. Participate in development meetings with Museum Staff.
b. Assist in the produce of an exhibit timeline in conjunction with Museum Staff.
c. Consult with Museum Staff on budget and expenses. All expenses must be pre-approved in writing by the Museum Director.
2. Research exhibit content, artifacts, and artwork.
3. Draft an interpretive materials for use in the exhibition.
a. Assist in developing interpretive panels.
b. Assist in creating marketing materials.
c. Assist in creating a gallery guide/publication.
d. Assist in drafting label text for Museum approval.
4. Be physically present during installation as needed/jointly determined with Museum Director.
5. Assist with public program development and conduct or produce workshops or reception. =
6. Assist with distribution public relations/advertising materials to community/social media.
a. Coordinate with Museum Staff to promote the exhibit.
b. Work with the Museum Staff to produce and distribute any marketing and PR materials with approval of the Museum Director and the City of Ontario.
7. Collaborate with the Sam and Alfreda Maloof Foundation, Chaffey Museum of History and Art, the Ontario Museum of History and Art, artists, vendor, and city departments.
Interpretive Materials 35%
For consideration the Museum is requesting a resume, exhibit portfolio, and professional references.
No phone calls please
Deadline for submission is April 30, 2019 at 4 PM.
Pay will be discussed at selection.
If selected the Museum will need: proof of liability insurance coverage.
The essential functions performed by the Exhibition Services Coordinator typically include the following:
- • Assist in-house exhibition research, development, preparation, and installation.
- • Assist Exhibitions, Education and Collection Curators on expanded public program development.
- • Assists and coordinates in development of exhibits using collection based objects.
- • Assists and coordinates in the development of graphic materials related to cross marketing with local and regional exhibits.
- • Assist curatorial positions and provides support in focus areas of exhibition
- • Assists and coordinates with the development and implementation of marketing strategies and tools.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in
Art, History, or closely related field.
Two years of experience with installing, uninstalling, crating, and preparing museum exhibits for travel, including one year of program event development and implementation.
Valid Class C CA driver's license and an acceptable driving record at the time of appointment and throughout employment.
This position is a Chaffey College Short-Term Worker 6: $13/hr. This position is a Short-Term position for one year maximum without the possibility to repeat (September – June 30).
Chaffey College invites applications for a Short-Term Hourly Gallery Assistant to work at the Wignall Museum of Contemporary Art at Chaffey College in Rancho Cucamonga. This position will assist with museum customer service, security and general operations. The employee will often be asked to operate without direct supervision. This position is primarily a Saturday only position. Additional irregular shifts may become available to assist with exhibition installations and de-installations as needed. This position will require a limited paid introductory period sometime during the weekday museum office hours to familiarize with the institution, job duties and expectations.
THE SBCMA INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Salary: $15-18 per hour
Reports to: Executive Director
Summary: Provides administrative assistance to the Executive Director and the non-profit Association that supports the San Bernardino County Museum. In addition to web-based bookkeeping, the Sr. AA assists with additional duties such as event planning, monitoring grant activity, providing status reports, coordinating projects, and working on special assignments. Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, events and activities. Synchronizes various forms of information and documentation. Works independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects. Coordinates division of workload with the administrative assistant.